Did you know that your mattress might be the dirtiest piece of furniture in your house? We spend an average of 35% of our day in our beds. So, it’s important to have a clean mattress—free of germs, bacteria, and dust mites.
House dust mites are microscopic creatures that live in protected indoor environments—specifically kitchens and bedrooms where humidity tends to be the highest. Dust mites thrive in carpets, furniture, and pillows and mattresses. Dust mite allergies include sneezing, runny nose, and other symptoms similarly associated with hay fever. For some, the dust mite allergy may cause inflammation and contraction of the airway, resulting in shortness of breath and other breathing difficulties.
Tips to Reduce Dust Mites!
While you can’t completely eliminate dust mites from your home, you can significantly reduce their number—and impact within your home—by following these guidelines:
- Frequently wash all sheets, blankets, pillowcases, and bedcovers in hot water
- Avoid wool or down bedcovers
- Keep stuffed animals/toys off of beds
- Buy washable stuffed animals/toys
- Vacuum frequently
- Dust Regularly
- Have your mattresses professionally cleaned regularly
Multi-step Mattress Sanitization Process
Green Clean’s professionally trained cleaning technicians use a multi-step process to clean and disinfect your mattress:
- Thorough vacuuming and application of pre-conditioning solution
- Hand shampoo using a fine-fabric shampoo
- Hand extraction with complete rinse of outer mattress covering
- Application of a powerful sanitizing/anti-microbial solution
- In some cases it may be necessary to enclose the mattress in a vacuum infusion bag and use a high powered vacuum to treat sanitize and treat for odors and bacteria.
- Application of an anti-allergen treatment
Green Clean recommends an annual professional mattress cleaning to ensure a healthy sleep environment. We offer free price quotes over the phone and free, onsite estimates for residential and commercial customers. Contact Green Clean today and sleep easier!