There are certain things in life we simply wish we would have known earlier, right?
Maybe that simple knowledge would have saved us some time? Or some money? Or maybe even a small piece of our pride?
Well, this blog won’t answer all of life’s answers, but we hope it provides you some valuable knowledge about personal carpet cleaners and professional cleaning services that you’ll be glad you now know.
Personal carpet cleaners
Personal carpet cleaners, including carpet cleaners you
- Personal cleaners often leave behind high levels of PH that can attract residues. What this means for you as the homeowner is that residue collects, which can cause stains to surface and mold to grow.
- These individual-use cleaners are also not always powerful enough to effectively remove the water from your carpet during cleaning. This can lead to longer drying time, which can enable mold and other smells within the carpet to develop.
Professional cleaning services.
As this is a service we offer, we highly recommend professional carpet cleaning. With that said, it’s important to remember that not all professional cleaning services are created equal. A few things you should be aware of include:
- Nobody does carpet cleaning for $9.99 per room. Unfortunately, there are
many baitand switch specials that get promoted throughout the carpet cleaning industry. Just be sure you understand the complete estimate prior to scheduling anything.
- Understand the equipment and process that the professional carpet cleaner will be using. In many cases, the quality of
equipmentsays a lot about the company you’re hiring. For example, a $60K truck –mounted machine vs. a portable cleaner can result in a large difference in quality.
- One of the most obvious ways to assess professional carpet cleaners is by assessing their people. The best way to do this is to check online reviews and do a little homework to see what kind of experiences people have had with the
company,and the individuals who represent it. Google, AngiesList, and the Better Business Bureau are great places to look for reviews.
Regardless of whether you use a personal carpet cleaner or a professional cleaning service, we hope that you feel prepared and educated to make the right decision for you.
If you have any questions about carpet cleaning, or carpet maintenance, please don’t hesitate to give our team a call.
We’re always happy to help.
-Green Clean Team