Once you’ve invested in carpet, cleaning regularly is the best way you can protect your investment. Opening your home to guests in the Minneapolis MN area, especially during the Holiday Season, means you’ll want to be sure that any unwanted and unseen contaminants trapped in both carpeting and upholstery are removed.
When you vacuum frequently, clean up spills promptly, and improve indoor air quality, you will find that:
- Your carpet will last longer, saving you money.
- Your home environment will radiate even more positive energy because it is cleaner, which is great for both your, your family’s, and your guests’ health and moods.
- Your confidence will skyrocket, which will make hosting gatherings with family and friends even more rewarding.
- Your guests will experience greater levels of comfort, which can lead to deeper conversations to strengthen the ties between you.
Although it takes experience, knowledge, tools and products to remove stains in heavy traffic areas and stubborn spots such as pet spots, soda pop, coffee, food, chewing gum, paint, rust, and grime, here are a few products that can help you push out scheduling a professional cleaning:
- Products for quick carpet touch ups:
- Mix vinegar and water, and lightly blot the area with a white towel so as not to damage carpet fibers.
- Add a drop (just a drop) of dish detergent to 1 cup of water, then whip up some suds and use the foam, lightly blotting the area with a white towel. NOTE: Do not rub aggressively as rubbing may damage fibers.
- For more difficult spots like gum, tar, ink or grease Melaleuca’s Sol-U-Mel does a great job.
- To improve Indoor Air Quality:
- Clean your air ducts before winter, or
- Have an air purification system professionally installed by Healthy Indoor Air LLC.
If you could use a helping hand during this especially busy and hectic time of year, Green Clean is here to serve you with efficient, high-quality professionalism. Contact us now for an estimate, to schedule an appointment, or for more information about our eco-friendly cleaning agents and processes.