Minneapolis Fire Damage Repair and Restoration
Environmentally Safe Fire Damage Restoration in Minnesota
Friendly Minneapolis Fire Damage Repair Experts
In the unfortunate event that you experience a fire in your home or business, call us immediately to begin the process of cleaning and protecting your home and other possessions that can be salvaged. We’ve seen first-hand the damage and devastation fire and smoke can cause, both in a home or business, and also in the lives of those who have experienced the trauma. Let Green Clean help restore your home or business into a healthy environment with our fire and smoke damage repair and restoration services.
Don’t wait: time is of the essence
Smoke residues are acidic in nature and with time can cause permanent corrosion and staining. High heat can also pressurize smoke which allows it to permeate cracks and crevices and deposit odor-causing residues in all types of building materials, electronics, and other belongings. There are several different types of smoke residues present after a fire, including:
- Wet Smoke Residues. Result from low-heat, smoldering fires. Wet smoke residues are often sticky, smear easily, and have pungent odors.
- Dry Smoke Residues. Often associated with fast burning, high-temperature fires. Dry smoke residues are typically dry, powder-like particles.
- Protein Residues. These types of residues have an extremely pungent odor, are virtually invisible, and often responsible for the discoloration of paints and varnishes.
- Additional Residues. Fire extinguishing chemicals, fingerprint powder, tear gas and other chemicals can also leave residues that must be cleaned up in order to restore a healthy, clean environment.
WHAT TO DO RIGHT AWAY (AND WHAT NOT TO)
Your health and safety are more important than any possessions, so please do not take unnecessary risks and always adhere to the recommendations of the fire department or other responding authorities. If you experience fire damage here’s what you should do (and not do) right away.
- Call Green Clean’s 24-hour disaster response line at (612)-789-9600
- Call your insurance company
- Inventory your items
- Open windows to allow smoke out and clean air in
- Empty the contents of your refrigerator and freezer and prop the doors open
- Remove and relocate any pets to safe, clean environment
- Close doors and/or seal off entry to areas unaffected by fire or smoke
- Change the furnace filter if blower is operating
- Do not use any TVs, stereos or other electronic appliances or equipment until they have been checked and/or thoroughly cleaned by a technician
- Do not attempt to wipe or wash ceilings, walls, or any absorbent surfaces as the water or soaps you use may cause further damage
- Do not attempt to clean carpeting with non-professional carpet cleaner or chemicals
- Do not consume food items exposed to high heat or smoke even if canned or sealed in a container
- Avoid using upholstered furniture or handling draperies
- Vacuum loose, dry soot/smoke particles from carpeting
How Green Clean Restores Fire and Smoke-Damaged Environments
Green Clean is a member of the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). Our restoration technicians adhere to the IICRC standards and are trained experts to handle all fire damage repair and restoration needs, which include:
- Pack up and board up services
- Complete smoke residue cleanup
- Complete structural drying
- Structural demolition and debris removal as needed
- Water detection beneath floor coverings, within walls, and more
- Mold remediation
- Disinfection & sanitization
Why Choose Green Clean for Your Fire Damage Repair and Restoration
- Over 25 years in business
- Environmentally friendly products and processes
- Tested and safe cleaning solutions for use around families (and environment)
- A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau
- In-home written estimates
- 24-hour emergency residential and commercial flood services
Do You Have Damage From Smoke or Fire?
Speak to a Certified Professional
Green Clean offers quality, fire and smoke damage repair and restoration solutions in Minneapolis and throughout the Twin Cities area. Contact us now for an estimate, to schedule an appointment, or to know more about our cleaning agents and processes.